How To Use Customer Support To Build Customer Loyalty
Customer loyalty hails from good customer support and of course without good customer support then there would be no customer loyalty.
Customer support refers to the range of services you offer to help your customers or audiences get the most out of your product or service and also resolve their problems in case there is any.
Customer support includes; answering customer questions, providing assistance with on board, troubleshooting, and upgrading customers to a new product or service.
Customer support should be personal. Every beneficiary or audience (s) should feel like they’re involved in a one-to-one conversation with a business, not filing a one-off support ticket that isn’t treated as part of a broader relationship. As a company or service provider, this requires responding within a reasonable period of time honestly, personally and proactively
Customer support is very important for your business. Here are the reasons!
To build a successful business requires you to have attention for everything. And just like I said earlier, here is the reason why you need to front and champion customer service and support?
1) Happy customers lead to more money, growth, and sustainability of a business.
2) Customer service and support matters to any business because it helps in promoting of technology due to quite a number of generated ideas, product design, distribution, marketing of a product, sales, manufacturing, and allocating of other resource in your company. This becomes a success if an appropriate business research is well conducted.
3) Customer support is one of the vital components in business. If you can prove its worth, and get your team on board to tap into its power, its success impacts on every level of your business.
4) Promotes revenue growth; Income influences every business’s decision making process. Businesses determine success or failure based on money earned minus money spend out. Profitability is every business’s major intention, despite of whether it happens on day one or day two.
5) Brand reputation; Good customer support builds positive reputation which in turn leads to higher growth. Reputation goes a long way in a business journey. It attracts new customers, foreign investors, partnerships, and employees. When seeking to improve reputation, start with excellent customer service.
6) High rate of customer retention; good customer support promotes Customer retention contributes a lot to business success. Keeping current audience happy results in more stable income and more accurate business and profit predictions due to good retention rate. When you master not just attracting new customers, but retaining them, it sets a good ground for your entire organization.
7) Churn decreases with more customer care; Churn measures the amount of customers who leave a business after purchasing. It provides a fairly cut-and-dry measurement of fulfillment. Customers stir up when they’re unhappy
8) Employee happiness gives a direct switch to customer happiness. When you keep your employees happy they die hard to make sure that your customers are kept happy too and they will ensure that the rate of retention keeps high as well. Keep in mind that employee happiness goes beyond a paycheck.
9) Company culture strengthens with improved customer response and good support; When companies create a culture of serving people, their employees follow the same procedure therefore each team should each other and also individuals should support each other as well and endeavor to give the best customer support.
10) Brand awareness grows with positive customer experience and a accompanied support; Positive customer experience plays a huge role in brand awareness, as they often lead to word of mouth advertising. 60% of users become potential customer of a company because of their reputation for great customer service.
11) Marketing spend less if there good customer service in place; Customer marketing involves turning existing customers into advocates. This helps to save money and time with every supportive customer. Not only do they purchase more, but they also bring in new business ideas, referrals and innovations.
12) Valued customer service unites goals and processes; When everyone in a business has the same end-goal, the entire workflow becomes streamlined, this is because you all are moving into the same direction and this promotes customer support in the short time and more revenues in the long run.
The most valued 5 customer support metrics to help you improve customer relationships
1. Customer Satisfaction
Customer satisfaction is one of essential customer support metrics. Ultimately, the goal of customer support teams is to help clients and ensure they are happy. Customer satisfaction measures the success of these efforts and offers insight that comes directly from the customer. Customer satisfaction is a measure of how happy your audience/ clients are. It’s based on a survey, which customers usually fill out after communicating with your support customers. This asks customers to rate their experience on a scale, which allows you to quantify the often-qualitative metric of client satisfaction.
2. First Response Time
Another words to mean first reply time, is the time between when a partner submits a support ticket and when a customer service representative provides an initial answer. First response time is a measure of your support partner’s efficiency because it indicates how long a client has to wait before being helped.
3. Average Resolution Time
Average resolution time is the average time it takes a company’s supporters to address a support ticket, from when the ticket is first opened to when it is resolved and closed. Long resolution times mean long waiting time for customers, which can impact satisfaction rates and of course customer retention in the long run. Also look at the average resolution time per agent for the whole team. This will help you see if any particular team members are struggling.
4. Ticket Backlog
Ticket backlog is the number of unresolved tickets in your queue at the end of a given period. For example, if your support team works Monday through Friday, you might look at ticket backlog at the end of the day on Friday to see how many audiences will have to wait until Monday for their issue to be resolved. It is also important because every open case means you have a client waiting to be satisfied and each case has a ‘holding cost, employee value proposition of service delivery and customer experience at Worldwide.
5. Ticket Volume
Ticket volume is the total number of support tickets your team receives during a set time frame. Monitoring ticket volume is vital for planning workload distribution among support agents, shaping time frames where you might need more agents available, and identifying current gaps in reporting.
The best known 10 methods of presenting great customer service and support.
1. Know your product
As a user support agent, you can spend all days troubleshooting for customers. Your role is to help your clients get the most out of their purchase and feel like they have gotten true value for their money. Make it your mental object to learn everything there is to know about your product so you can amaze your partners with timely recommendations for using new features and services.
2. Maintain a positive gratitude to your supporters
Attitude is everything, and a positive gratitude goes a long with providing excellent customer service. The right attitude changes negative customer experiences into positive customer experience. Since most audience communication are not face-to-face, your attitude should be reflected in your language and tone of voice. It’s easy to misinterpret the tone of written communication, and email or live chat can come across as cold. The brain uses multiple signals to interpret someone else’s emotional tone, including body language and facial expression, many of which are absent online.
3. Creatively solve problems
Over 70% of customers leave maybe because they experienced bad customer service. That’s why you must prosper on solving problems for your partners and make it a central part of your support goal – and there will always be problems to solve. Don’t fear to tell your customers as you seek to solve problems for them. You could just fix the issue creatively meeting their needs in ways that go above and beyond, there you’ll be able to create customers that are committed to you and your service.
4. Respond to your customers quickly and timely
Many customers believe that valuing their time is the most important thing and this is for any online customer experience. Resolving audience inquiries as quickly as possible is a deal of good customer service. Speed should be of the essence especially for smaller issues that don’t take much time to solve.
5. Modify your services to your audience
It is approximated that 40% of customers say they want better human service. That means they want to feel like more than just a ticket number. They get angry when they’re not being treated like an individual person, receiving boilerplate responses, or being batted like a tennis ball to different people. Customers want to interact with a person not a company. It’s part of the reason why many businesses send gifts to their customers on their birthdays.
6. Support customers to help themselves
It is said that customers don’t always want to talk to someone to get their problem solved often, they want to quickly resolve their issue themselves. Among consumers, 81% attempt to take care of matters themselves before reaching out to a live representative. Further research shows that 71% want the ability to solve most customer service issues on their own.
7. Focus support on the customer
Your customers are the most integral part of your business, and they come before products or profit. Treat them like they are the center of your world because indeed they are.
8. Actively listen to your customers
Paying attention to customer feedback includes looking back over the data, as well as listening in real-time. Show your customers you hear them when they take the time to speak to you. Listening increases the chances that you’ll hear your customers’ real problems and can effectively solve them, resulting in happier customers. Listen to what they have to say without pushing your own agenda. Don’t assume that you know what your customer is going to say.
9. Fulfill the promises to your customers
If you promised something, making sure you deliver, it is common-sense customer service. Don’t let your customers down. Keeping your word is about respect and trust. When you break your word, like saying you will get back to your partners within 24 hours and you don’t, gives a different picture of you therefore you always have to offer something to make up for it. If your customer’s delivery goes astray, offer to replace it and refund their money for their trouble. You might lose some money in the short term, but you will gain a loyal customer.
10. Be proactively helpful
Going the extra mile is one of the most important things you can do to deliver great customer service. This is when you have ticked all the boxes, yet you still want to do more. When customers feel like you value them, like they’re truly special to you, they will keep returning and support. This may be linked with the phenomenon of relation in social psychology. If you do something nice for your customers, they will want to do something in return, like buy your products and recommends their families and friends. Sending small gifts or giving your customers a rare promotional code, will speak to your customers and present your genuine appreciation of their business.
In conclusion, to build a strong wall of customer loyalty to help support the growth of your business and revenues you heavily need to rely on good customer support.
MonkeyPesa is here with a ready-made Business Management Suite that helps streamline everything from Leads to Deals, Tasks, Accounts, and contacts. MonkeyPesa is genuinely built for Sales teams. It is simple but well streamlined and organized. Are you an entrepreneur? Please leave your details here & we will contact you: https://www.monkeypesa.com/sales Learn everything you need to know to help empower your grow your business through the roof. We shall be learning to integrate services like Email Marketing, SMS, Social Media marketing, and customer support, all in a single business system. You can contact us on or by a phone call or WhatsApp at +256757537658