How To Improve Sales Efficiency
Did you know that currently most of the businesses globally survive on the power of selling?
It is the most effective tools for making revenue, and it’s where most companies' heart lies!
Generating the power of sales is all that businesses need to keep flowing, and it is such a beautiful momentum that all businesses need consistent growth.
Sales efficiency is one of the tools that businesses and companies leave by their side to improve conversions and grow daily.
Building efficient sales practices can allow you to gain a higher Return on Investment through reduced costs and higher performance. All businesses can do more to improve their sales, and it doesn’t have to be complicated.
If you want your organization to be at the top of the rest in selling, you must recognize that it’s actually time for selling. Therefore if it’s time for selling so what is up next? Remove redundancies and tighten your sales pipelines, and in the end, you will be surprised at how better your business will be performing.
Sales efficiency is the key to generating more sales for your business and streamlining your sales process to get more sales and faster.
Let us first understand the meaning of sales efficiency and all the aspects around it.
Sales Efficiency refers to the speed of your sales operations and how fast those activities are completed. That is, how quickly you can convert users into leads/sales, and while still generating the highest return on your investment, it is the revenue generated by your sales team relative to the cost. Sales efficiency can actually have a significant impact on the success of your sales strategy. Efficiency involves doing things right with the inputs invested. To improve your sales efficiency, focus on improving time efficiency.
Getting started on how to improve sales efficiency for your business
1. Understand the sales procedure/process.
To have a perfect sales strategy and a good sales team, it is necessary to understand the whole sales process. Having a rightful guide through the sales process enables the team to function and perform better. The sales process is a one-by-one step that starts with prospecting until the time of delivery.
The key steps in the process of sales include;
· Prospecting - Prospecting is the process of sourcing and identifying new leads or clients to begin working through the sales process.
· Connecting and Qualifying - The connecting process involves representatives initiating contact with those early-stage leads to gather information. Qualifying new leads involves deciding whether or not they're a good fit lead for your business and whether or not they will likely move forward in the buyer's journey.
· Initial meeting - This involves scheduling the first appointment with the leads after confirming that they have fully qualified.
· Researching - Researching involves representatives knowing more about the prospect by digging deeper; when representatives learn more about each prospect and company, it allows them to offer a more tailored and personalized experience and improves the likelihood of closing a deal.
· Presenting - This involves a salesperson running a formal presentation or demonstration of your product or service for your prospect on how he or she will benefit from it.
· Handling Objections - This involves listening to the prospects' objections and questions from prospects; this helps representatives drive your product or service to fit the prospect's needs and wants.
· Making an offer, negotiating and finalizing - When the needs of the prospect are understood, then you choose to make an offer or not. Still, once you choose to make an offer, you will need to negotiate the final terms and conditions.
· Closing the sale - This involves coming to a conclusion or reaching an end by the prospect and the representative. The close step is what every salesperson works toward. This is expected to result in a mutual benefit and a contractual agreement between the prospect and the seller.
· Deliver the product - This is the very last stage in closing a deal where the representative delivers the product or service to the customer physically.
2. Train your sales representatives.
A company’s sales representatives are the company’s head because they speak on behalf of the company, and they are the face. According to research, formal continuous training can yield 50% higher net sales per sales representative. Training the sales team helps them to know which duties to execute accordingly. It is said that 87% of the training content is forgotten within weeks, and of course, this is clear communication that reminder training is necessary so that the sales team can be kept up to date. Either way, you can provide training materials to the sales team to always read by themselves, for example, playbooks, sales books, talk tracks, sell sheets and personal best-selling tips.
3. Contact and meet your team frequently.
Planning daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly meetings with employees can help you to increase sales efficiency. Meeting with your employees is such an important thing because it helps you evaluate their performance. It also helps you evaluate their achievements, what is working out and what is not working out. The employer discovers more of his employees’ feelings and perceptions about work. And this one of the greatest tools to see whether your team is being productive or not so that you can devise measures that can be put in place to increase productivity. Use this time to identify areas where you can motivate and improve salespeople. It is also a great opportunity to get feedback on improving your team’s productivity and sales efficiency.
4. Motivate your employees.
Motivation is a great tool for performance; motivating salespeople can help them work more efficiently and ultimately sell more products. Understand the requirements of salespeople and advice on sales and customer collaboration. Motivate the most productive salespeople to sell more products and boost productivity. Motivated employees work with good team spirit and usually aim to promote a company’s name and produce high-quality products. Motivation gives employees positive energy to work more and harder, thus increasing productivity and sales efficiency.
5. Set measurable goals and follow them up.
No goals set means no work is done. In life and for any activity, goal setting is one of the most motivating measures. It also increases your sense of responsibility and ensures that you always have control over your work. If you don’t set goals for your employees, then it looks like they are working with no guide, and at the end of the day, there will be no work done. But when there are goals in place set for your employees, they all work knowing that this specific target has to be met, and if it is not met, they won’t be rewarded, and therefore, the set goals become a motivating factor. Setting long-term and short-term goals will help you master your work and ultimately increase sales efficiency. Ensure that your goals are following "SMART," that is, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound.
6. Align the sales and marketing team
Aligning sales and marketing teams is one of the best things you can do to increase your sales team’s efficiency. The sales and the marketing teamwork for hand in hand meaning to produce quality and perfect work. The sales and marketing teams have a lot in common than anyone else could think, for the sales team finds out the potential customers for the business. The marketing team's job is to attract these specific potential supporters; this clearly shows that sales and marketing teams need to be coordinated together. When marketing and sales are consistent, the business will significantly increase sales efficiency. If there is no communication between marketing and sales, the connection between them is broken, and eventually, the company’s revenue reduces.
7. Understand your mission and vision.
Begin by understanding the purpose of your business,
· What is our goal, and what do we aim at accomplishing it?
· What can you do best? yes
· Who are your customers?
· How can you approach these customers?
· How much are they willing to pay?
· Why would the audience buy my products? After understanding all that, you can sit down and lay a strategy on how this will be achieved and how best it can be put into practice.
8. Build an outstanding sales team
You want a team that will impact your sales and increases your investment return; it must be well trained and perfect at it. A well-trained sales team understands how best they can pitch and make a sale. Of course, having a good sales team also depends on the amount of time you dedicate to it and how much you value the team. The sales team usually is always undermined in companies, not recognized and is given low value. Nothing can break and de-motivate a worker, like feeling unappreciated after a long day of work. As a company, ensure that the sales leader values the sales team and makes them feel like they are at the central position and the company's heart.
9. Understand your audience
Knowing and understanding your audience is one of the most important measures of success in a business. Creating a profile of your ideal customer can help you improve sales efficiency significantly. That’s because the best way to move a prospect to buy is by addressing each one of their needs and wants. Lead Machine can help you create a profile for your customer to understand their needs and wants so that you can deal with them accordingly, following their line of interest. Knowing your audience involves aspects rolling around discovering;
· Who are they?
· Where are they
· What do they want?
· What do they do for a living?
· Which class group are and many other more related to that,
According to research, 50% of sales time is wasted on unproductive prospects, yet would rather be used for other better things.
Understand your customers adequately and know what they want, then serve them in line with their interests and wants; this will help increase the sales efficiency in the long run.
10. Conduct comprehensive research to keep your company at the top
In the world of marketing and selling, competition is always high, and so the question is, how do you beat this competition? The truth is you can beat this competition by doing a thorough research and keeping up to date. Sales representatives can do this to find out what is trending on the market to be incorporated into your products and services. Finding out what is trending helps you know the best designs to attract more of those targeted potential customers to buy, thus increasing productivity and sales efficiency.
In conclusion, increasing sales efficiency is done step by step by implementing certain guidelines; however, if the directed guidelines are not followed, you could see your business collapsing.
MonkeyPesa is here with a ready-made Business Management Suite that helps streamline everything from Leads to Deals, Tasks, Accounts, and contacts.
MonkeyPesa is genuinely built for Sales teams. It is simple but well streamlined and organized.
You can contact us on or by a phone call or WhatsApp +256757537658
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel for News and Shows on Tech and Business in Africa