In the journey of business, every business needs customers because customers are the blood of every business. Whether the business is a mushrooming enterprise, small-medium enterprise or medium enterprise, customers are also like other factors like labour and capital to determine the sustainability of your business.
Before any business starts operating, it needs to first lobby and mobilize for customers and advertise to let people know what they are offering to the communities. If you are an entrepreneur and looking for something that can promote and support your business idea, products or services, "engaging customers into your operations is the way to go."
Many of us have heard about the term "target market.” The target market is the final consumer of every business’s products or the last consumer for every product. It would help if you emphasized interacting with customers as one of the best marketing strategies for your products in the short term; customers cannot consume all products because each service or product has a particular set of consumer who wants to buy the specific products to attract a particular part of the market, at times you as a business have to modify the product accordingly.
Tips that can help your business to find its ideal customers
Define your product from the customer’s opinions; as a business person, this tip will help you to determine what are benefits your clients gain from your products, what problems do your products solve them, what are your customer’s expectations towards your products and how it intends to satisfy them, How does your product improve your customer's life or work?
Know your ideal customer's age, education level, and occupation for what you are offering. This will help you define the period of relationship and income expected from your chosen ideal clients.
Define your ideal clients wants/ needs from your business. Knowing your client’s needs will help you strategize a way of marketing, increase your competition level, and help meet their expectations and satisfy their expectations to achieve their goals.
Knowing some particular benefits for your clients might get/looking in buying products from business to define which product is essential to your clients, the most product need by your clients, and why your clients chose you not someone else.
Target the location of your exact clients; this will help you know where you are likely to gain more customers, where your clients live or work from, and when could be a good time/ season for them to buy your products.
Get to know when your clients buy products most and produce more to avoid supply and demand. Determining exactly when your customers buy products in large quantities will help you set and telly when you should produce most and little.
How To Know The Ideal Customer
You should embark on finding and serving your ideal customers as you are growing and assuring the sustainability of your business which has just established. Discovering perfect ideal customers of your business initially will save your time wondering in the hard trying to be all things to all users or final consumers. Below are 5 steps that will help you to discover who is your perfect ideal customer
1. Start with possible smallest customers; when your startup has just established or still maturing, start with the smallest number of people you can serve regularly, and you have to look for people who think that what you are offering to them is special. It can't be found at any other place like better customer services and better standard quality of the product.
2. Create an initial value method of the offering; many businesses caught up in trying to execute their business ideas and business plans when the fact of the matter is the market doesn't care about your business plan. In this step, customer needs will help you to find what you have to offer to them, and it is special.
3. Draft an ideal customer road map; building your customer profiles by uploading sufficient inflammation to your website channel will help you study target customers' behaviour and define everything you want to know about your ideal target group.
4. Find the strategies model comments of approaching ideal customers; find strategies and find ways of approaching your initial ideal clients after discovering your initial ideal clients that can impact your business model and overall business strategies. Find how this system will impact your distribution channel, offerings, revenue streams and pricing into your business to ensure customer relationship management. This can be done by offering free samples of products or better test relationships to those initial clients who are willing to partner and provide you with agreed upon feedback.
5. Survey your available customers; every business should create a survey strategy for their existing customers by setting questions about basic statistics to find out who is your product supporter and interact with your clients to ensure a good future partnership for your business.
How to attract your initial ideal clients into your business
In identifying perfect ideal customers that you need to partner with, there's always business language that you have to use to search for customers problems that your company targets. Below are different ways of attracting ideal clients for your business;
Set up a website channel for your initial customers; set a website channel for your customers to let them know what you are offering them and meet their expectations.
Search for information from the magazine, blogs and different forums; struggle to a most popular website like google and Investopedia or any active community industry that are in your line of business, find ways of participating in different shows, workshops and symposiums; here customers who have picked interest in what you are doing will see it as ways of solving their problems and will be attracted to your business.
Make conversations on your hashtags like the Facebook page and Twitter hashtag, attracting your customers by creating attractive conversation on your website channel or social media platforms relevant to your business; once you do that, you may attract target customers and meet new ones.
Joining linked-In group/ platforms for business; find business groups related to your startup and join them to share ideas; this will help you create a friendship with some of the participants and become your target customers.
Google hangouts; when you want to market your products and attracting potential buyers online. Here are some of the websites you can join and help you meet your target initial ideal customers, such as Investopedia and quora digest, but you have to sign up with google to join these.
Read More: Advertising On Social Media
How to market your products to your ideal customers
1. Advertising; advertising is the best way of reaching out to clients because advertising can be made through trade journals or online publications where more people are likely to be active. This will help you gain maximum customers for your products.
2. Establish signposts and assign brokers for your products; create more signposts to allocate ideal customers to your business location and assign in people responsible for looking for customers for your products, which can be the best way to minimise budget is not expensive like advertising.
3. To participate in trade shows might require you to use more of your resources or use a huge budget. That seems to be for large enterprises but has been highlighted by different businesses as one of the best ways to attract customers. If you have just established your startup and searching for customers for your products, you must practice this.
4. Expertise in writing articles; the credibility of writing articles about your products can also be a source of advertising your products, and these external sources will give your startup additional credibility with suspects you don’t expect.
Maintaining and retaining existing customers for your business.
Customers are essential for every business, and more startups are not maturing because they have failed to maintain their customers through front doors. Companies are spending more resources to attract customers by advertising their products on TVs and Radios, pining signposts alongside the roads, which are expensive. Still, you find companies stopping focusing on getting them to stay. Every businessman or lady should understand that it is tough to attract a new customer than to retain the existing one. Below are some ways that guide every startup on how to focus and retain existing customers.
1. Search for a highly-trained customer experience staff. Most things consumers consider when buying are commodities that are available from a wide variety of vendors. Companies know how to retain customers by emphasizing an ongoing outstanding customer experience.
2. Offers equal prices to new customers and existing ones. Set standard price for your products against complaints among your customers. And this creates good customer relationship services because no one feels isolated by your company; this gives your customers potential energy to stay
3. Maintain frequent contact outside the sale. After a customer has purchased the product, he/she sometimes feel forgotten by the company. Keep frequent “check-in" communications to get feedback on product satisfaction and explore new areas of opportunity.
In conclusion, Keeping and retaining customers is ideal for the growth of your business; without customers, you don’t have a business; ensure to give them the best experience, and you will be the happiest of all in return.
MonkeyPesa is here with a ready-made Business Management Suite that helps streamline everything from Leads to Deals, Tasks, Accounts, and contacts. MonkeyPesa is genuinely built for Sales teams. It is simple but well streamlined and organized. Are you an entrepreneur? Please leave your details here & we will contact you: https://www.monkeypesa.com/sales Learn everything you need to know to help empower you to grow your business through the roof. We shall be learning to integrate services like Email Marketing, SMS, Social Media marketing, and customer support, all in a single business system. You can contact us on or by a phone call or WhatsApp at +256757537658