Here's What You Need To Know About Sales As A Startup Owner
If you are a start-up owner and you have just started venturing into a business, it is advisable that you first learn how to sell because a big percentage of companies and a few other business types depend on the idea that if they don’t make any sales, then they are their verge of shutdown.
When you have just set up your business, you are literally involved in everything, and you have to run it because its critical growth and success depends entirely on you; therefore, you have to run the show yourself. If you are a founder of a startup, perhaps you need to learn some sales skills so that you can be able to run your business and sell to new customers to keep your business moving forward, and this calls for a certain set of skills.
Many writers and sales experts say that sales are best made by founders reason being that they know the pitch of the business like no other, have the passion for selling your products/services and getting the company to another level, they have the full knowledge of the industry and more you have the full roadmap of your business and the direction which it is taking.
Additionally, it is highly recommended that founders could be the best giants of the business, and simply because they are; goal-oriented, they are light, they breathe, and the soul of the business, it makes it easy for other companies to engage in contractual business negotiations with the founders of the business as compared to the bureaucratic tendencies that occur when there are no any founders at the start or the bottom; also founders know what is good for the company and what might detain the company backward and lastly founders are always aware when a company needs money or when it is out of resources.
As a startup owner, it is essential to have the ability to differentiate between marketing and sales because most people confuse the two. Still, marketing is about putting your products or services out there in the marketplace to be seen and easily accessed by people, while selling is about finding customers who may need your services or goods and deciding if they really qualify for the products or the services you offer.
To be a successful salesperson, you need to have several skills to guide you through sales and knowing how to sell; let us take a look at some of these skills;
1. Successful salespeople don’t sell a product or a service but rather themselves and the company; as earlier marked, you don’t need to talk too much about the product/ service you offer but rather talk about what you do as a company and how what you do would help the other company grow, that way the person will be impressed and will want to pick interest in having your hand so that it could help them grow their business and by doing such people will see you as an expert in the area and could lean on you for further help in regards to getting sales knowledge to run their business.
2. They freely ask for sales from their customers and those who appear to be potential customers; having the ability to ask freely for sale from a customer doesn’t communicate that you are so much into selling and getting the profits but rather finding a solution for a customer’s problem. Your approach to a customer is what determines the change in their mindset.
3. Understanding customers needs or call it vertical selling; the moment you understand customer’s needs, then you have solved half of their problems, customers gain trust from a salesperson who understands their problems and goes ahead to show interest in finding solutions, the capture of someone’s attention begins from having the ability to show quick actions while trying to address someone’s concern.
4. Support customers through the buying process; given the presence of the internet currently, there are so many things going around, and therefore customers need guidance during the buying process so that they can make an informed decision, this way a customer will develop an attachment to you and perhaps your company.
5. Building rapport with customers; If you a businessman or woman and you are directly dealing with clients, you need to build rapport with them because it helps you get their attention, and for any business deals, these would consider you first; therefore, building a first-hand relationship with your customers is very important, and also business people should consider this in their mind.
6. Listen actively; listening actively allows you to understand your customers’ needs; when you listen to customers effectively, you could be in a position to offer the real service to them.
7. Put in place solutions; if you are in place to understand the customers’ problems, then you can be in place to find solutions to help them. When you get to know the reality about a person, you can present ideas that help them meet their needs?
8. Ask customers don’t assume for them; One of the greatest mistakes salespeople make is assuming wrong customer problems. As a result, they create wrong solutions, which might not make sense to your customer much as good your solutions. Still, so long they are not relevant to them, they won’t make any changes or create an impact.