Everything You Need To Know About Email
Have you used email before? Let us talk! Some people say they find using email easy, while others say they find it difficult. This comes down to personal experience.
Email is a short form of electronic mail. Email usage is a way of sending and receiving mail through the internet. An email can be sent or delivered in just a short period of time, depending on your connection strength.
Everything has advantages and disadvantages, and we are going to take a deep look at the advantages of emails; here we go;
Advantages of emails
1. Can be easily reached anywhere and anytime
Using email doesn't tie you to using a specific device. You need to know your email address and password to log in to any device and then have access to all your emails.
2. Easily manageable
Using email is something easy. Email service providers give you a chance to use tools that can help you manage your emails easily.
3. Way to get to web services
With an email address, you can easily access web services because these web services require you to log in before accessing them. These services like the play store, social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn require an email before being granted access.
4. Assurance in regards to privacy
If someone sends you an email, it is only sent to your email and not anyone’s else: thus giving you the confidence of the assured privacy. People can only have access to your email if they know your user name or account and password; anything beyond not knowing your account or password, one can’t access your emails and your email privacy.
5. Free, easy, and wide communication
While using an email, you can communicate to multiple people at once. It saves time.
6. Instruments to use
Emails are always designed to allow some other tools, such as calendars, instant messaging, and address book; these can be helpful in one way or the other. For example, you can use calendars to set reminder dates for a certain activity.
7. Communication is easy and fast
Communicating using emails is not just easy but also fast and instant. This is key for business productivity as well as increasing sales.
While some people enjoy using email addresses for communication mostly, some others have found difficulties in using them, and these have been graded as disadvantages and some of these include;
1. Not accessible without internet connection
Using emails for communication needs you to have access to the internet, which is not assured everywhere.
2. Hard to set up an email account
It is said that people find it hard setting up an email account, especially those using it for the first time or those who have not used emails before.
3. Require Timely response
Emails need a timely response. Thus, it would look like an email was ignored if one is busy and needs attention and accuracy, especially if you reply to certain messages.
4. Information overload
There can be a case of information overload with emails, especially if there are so many emails coming in simultaneously. Thus, as time goes by, your email account might become hard to manage.
5. Emails should be kept short and precise.
It is recommended that emails be kept short, and therefore, it would look irresponsible if someone typed very long or sent a very long email address. It looks to be unfavorable, especially on the sender's side, if they can't send all the information they want at once because of that limitation.
6. Can easily spread viruses from one device to another
Emails usually contain viruses meaning that if the sender’s device has a virus, then the receiver’s device is also at a high risk of getting the virus which may eat up all the receiver’s information and documents once the virus is acquired.
How to set up an email account
• To set up an email account, you need first to choose a username; this could be your first name or your last name; additionally, you need to have a password you will use in mind and one that you won't forget. Passwords usually require you to have a mixture of letters, characters, figures, numbers, and symbols. This is done to avoid easy hacking by internet fraudsters.
• Then google, search for g-mail or yahoo, tap on it and go to the google account page; you will see two words appear that are sign in (for those with accounts already) and create an account (for those without accounts).
• Then click create account
• Enter your name
• Enter your username in the “username” field. An example is email@example.com
• Enter your password for the first time and then enter for the second time to confirm
• Then click next, then you will be asked to add your phone number and verify it for your account.
• Then click next, and you will receive a notification that the email account setup process is finished or complete.
• If you already have an account, you will enter your username and password, then click sign in.
Sending and receiving emails
• Before you send or receive an email address, you need to have an active account with any mail service provider, whether G-mail, Yahoo, or Outlook.
• If you want to send an email, you will need first to draft it, so you open your G-mail or yahoo account, then click on the word compose, fill in the recipients' name ( the person you are going to send the email to), if you are sending to many you click on the arrow in the same line with the recipient’s name but facing down, it provides an option for adding a copy (CC) and also BCC if you are sending out to many people.
• Add the subject to the email in the subject line
• Then move down to compose an email, and when you are done writing up your email with regards and names included at the bottom, you click on the word send.
• If you have documents to attach you click on a symbol shaped like paper clips, click on it, it will show you attach files, then select all the files you want to attach, wait for them to load fully, and when they are done loading you can get the go-ahead to click send.
• When the message is sent, you will receive a notification showing you that “message sent.”
Regarding receiving emails, the sender enters your name as the recipient, adds the subject, composes the email, and clicks send. When you receive the email, you will see the sender's names and the subject first, usually in the form of an email notification. When you open the entire email message, you can see the entire body and everything else included.
There are three main webmail providers, and these include;
Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook, however, there are other email providers, but this usually depends on the industry like schools, university institutions, organizations, government entities, and so much more.
Coming to an end, we say that there is a lot that you might need to know about emails; however, these are these common email basics you need to know especially if you are beginning to use email or learning how to use emails.
MonkeyPesa is here with a ready-made Business Management Suite that helps streamline everything from Leads to Deals, Tasks, Accounts, and contacts. MonkeyPesa is genuinely built for Sales teams. It is simple but well streamlined and organized.
Are you an entrepreneur? Please leave your details here & we will contact you: https://www.monkeypesa.com/sales Learn everything you need to know to help empower your grow your business through the roof. We shall be learning to integrate services like Email Marketing, SMS, Social Media marketing, and customer support, all in a single business system. You can contact us on or by a phone call or WhatsApp at +256757537658.